– Use design software.
– Send in PDF format.
– Strategically format.
– Have a one-page and a two-page (agency dependent).
– Have an aesthetic design.
– Use your company’s branding.
– Use a z-pattern flow.
– Give your reader a reason to scroll.
– Include your contract vehicles (if applicable)
– Use logos for verified set-asides.
– Use simple icons for visual learners, sparingly.
– Show data/ graphs when possible.
– Focus on solutions.
– Include your industry codes.
– Spell check!
– Bother with Word, unless for content.
– Send in Word format.
– Have more than two pages.
– Use large, overbearing images.
– Make it content-heavy.
– Use irrelevant imagery.
– Use sales “fluff”.
– Get lazy on differentiating.
– Make claims that everyone else can make.
– Use set-aside logos if you’re only self-certified.
– Let the words “CaPaBiLiTy StAtEmEnT” take up prime real estate on your design. It’s pretty obvious what this document is, after all.
If you need assistance with a professionally designed marketing tool, schedule a call with us here. If you’re an APEX Accelerators (formerly PTAC) client, please let us know for a discount!