When diving into the world of snagging those U.S. federal contracts, having a top-notch website is like bringing your A-game to the business table. It also doesn’t hurt to be found when they’re looking – wherever they might be looking. Having a robust and responsive website also benefits your commercial/ private sector revenues. Think about when you make the decision to buy something. Where’s the first place you go? Their website? Google?
Here are ten golden rules to keep in mind to help you cover your bases:
- Sleek and Pro Look: Craft a website that’s sharp, neat, and totally in sync with your brand vibe. Easy navigation, snazzy images, and fonts that don’t send folks running for a magnifying glass are key. Oh, and using your own branded images is a smart move – think before-and-after shots, your crew, and your branding magic, your fleet.
- Tech-Savvy and Mobile-Friendly: Your site needs to be a chameleon, looking awesome on everything from mobiles to big ol’ 27-inch screens. Folks in government circles might be cruising your site on their trusty smartphones, so make sure your site shines no matter the screen size.
- Flaunt Your Skills: Put your awesomeness on display! Show off your skills, team experience, past performance, and differentiators. Toss in some case studies, success stories, and client shout-outs to let the world know you’re the real deal. Not only will this solidify your brand and reputation in the government world, but increases the perceived value to your non-government customers too.
- Federal Contracting Spotlight: Give federal contracts their own VIP space on your site with an exclusive tab labeled “government”. Industry service providers refer to this as a “Government Landing Page”. Wave your certifications, registrations, past contracts, and any fancy partnerships or agency affiliations. And don’t forget a PDF version of your capability statement for the taking.
- Inclusive for All: Make sure everyone can navigate your site, no matter their abilities. Stick to accessibility rules, like Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. And for videos, be the cool cat who adds captions – it’s all about spreading the love.
- Dial-Up the Contact Info: Don’t play hide-and-seek with your contact details. Flaunt those digits, email addresses, and throw in a contact form for good measure. Consider a “Contact Us” page or a slick form for those wanting to “Request a Quote.” Make it EASY for your customers to do business with you.
- Fresh is Best: Keep that content pipeline flowing! Regularly toss in news, blogs, and articles that scream “We’re on top of our game in the federal contracting scene!”
- Action, Please! Tell visitors what to do – in a nice way, of course. Use eye-catching calls to action that nudge folks to reach out, get a quote, or subscribe to your newsletter.
- Lock it Up: Show your site some love with security smarts. Implement SSL certificates to guard user data, and slap on badges, certs, and logos to boost that trust factor. This will make sure that even the cyber-toughest of agencies (VA/ DOD) will be able to visit and browse your website.
- SEO Sorcery: Get your site noticed by the search engine wizards. Sprinkle in keywords that make you the federal contracting superhero. Toss them into your content, titles, headers, and meta descriptions.
Just remember, these rules are your website’s BFFs. And if you want to make it even more special, consider chatting with a Duwel Dev web pro or a digital marketing guru. They’ll sprinkle that magic to fit your unique biz dreams.