Monday is an easy-to-use, comprehensive app for project management, operations, forecasting sales, and complying with government regulations such as FAR 52.215-4(a)(2), which requires contractors to maintain records of their cost or pricing data until the completion of a contract if awarded.
We’ve found it to be the most economical and all-in-one solution for small teams in the federal government contracting space. Hands down, it’s the most intuitive and informative day-to-day construction management software we’ve tried. Mostly because it’s completely customizable and comes with plenty of built-in templates and integrations to allow it to work seamlessly with your existing tools.
Here are some benefits, in more detail, that we’ve found advantageous in the federal contracting space when managing our data to tracking projects:
1. Forecasting Sales Function
The forecasting sales function is a powerful tool for government contractors, giving them an edge over their competition by allowing them to plan and forecast ahead of time. Manage your project pipeline and achieve more accurate forecasts with visualizations that are easily read at a glance. There are some pretty amazing reporting functions, including dashboards, that will allow access to multiple boards in one view. The paid version offers more flexibility in using dashboards than the free version.
2. Contract Management
Monday.com also has a powerful contract management system that helps contractors maintain compliance on their federal projects and subcontracts. With this handy project management tool, contractors can easily customize pre-loaded templates to manage all their records in one place and not worry about which files they need to save or where the information is stored.
The contract management tool allows companies access to data from any device with an internet connection and allows them to work offline if necessary, as well as easily share and collaborate with their pink team.
3. Team Communication
Monday also includes a team communication function that benefits government contractors and businesses of all sizes. You can create groups and assign tasks to your colleagues and files, messages, or documents related to the task in one place, leading to greater efficiency when working together on projects. Messages are searchable, so you don’t have to waste time scrolling through your inbox.
Offering a secure environment, Monday has the power to be your all-inclusive go-to platform for all business functions and collaborative needs. Whether internal or external conversations, you’re protected, so communication can be done without fear of security breaches or lost data.
4. Customer Management
Monday also has a customer contact management function perfect for government contractors looking to streamline their business operations and better manage customers and prospects. Track unique agency characteristics and preferences. Custom automation can be sent up to perform actions when triggers occur so your team has a seamless and customized process.
It includes individual records and all the associated data, so you can easily see which contacts have been assigned to specific tasks or projects in your company. This allows companies to track everything from customer information to contact details and notes about the company they are conducting business with and unique company data relevant to the whole organization.
5. Increase Productivity Remotely
- Lead Generation: Use the forms feature to create surveys and forms with answers populating straight into your designated board. The Pro plan offers unlimited shareable boards so that you can even create tools within your boards to attract prospects.
- Cost/Pricing Data: Monday has an easy-to-use cost tracking system that makes sure contractors keep accurate records of their costs for three years and always submit this data on time, even if they are not required to do so by FAR.
- Work Schedules: Monday has a calendar view of the team’s work schedules, which can be filtered by individual and specific activities. This is especially helpful for contractors with employees who are not in-house about their schedule changes or emergencies that might affect other workers at different locations around the country.
- Productivity Reports: With this tool, contractors can measure their productivity by logging how many hours they spend on each task category (e.g., sales, marketing, etc.). Monday.com then presents a report of the hours they spend on each category and how much time was spent during that week or month.
- Document Management: Contractors can scan their documents to upload them into an electronic document system for easy access anywhere and anytime.
- Customer Feedback Tools: With the customer feedback tool, contractors can receive direct feedback from their customers about how they are doing in a specific business area and make changes to ensure that those areas improve over time.
- Employee Scheduling: Monday helps employers schedule employees working at different locations with a calendar view that includes all work activities and contact information for the employees. Easy to see from a single view where everyone is, what time it is in their zone, and more!
- Custom Time-Tracking & Formulas: Customize your team and workflow at all levels or track time by project with Monday’s unique time-tracking ability.
After the past 3+ years of using this platform, we’ve come to find that it’s now the only tool we need to manage our internal processes and workflows, as well as our clients. The recently added custom integration ability, preloaded templates, and productivity features are such powerful tools that help government contractors simplify their day-to-day operations, streamline processes, store their data, and save hours of meeting time with easy-to-use chat functions and customizable CRM integration, called “Emails & Activities.”
To give it a go and see if it will work for you, simply click here to start your free trial! You’ll have access to all of their features in minutes or less, and your first 30 days are included. There is even a free-forever version, though it doesn’t include the formula column feature, which as a federal contractor, you’ll appreciate. I know we sure do!
If you have questions or would like for us to show you our own GovCon strategy management boards, feel free to click here to request a demo.